The Gulfstream G280 is a twin-engine business jet built under license by IAI in Israel for Gulfstream Aerospace. It began delivery to users in 2012.
In 2005, Gulfstream and IAI began designing a follow-on aircraft to the Gulfstream G200 (Gulfstream G200 was originally named "Astra Galaxy". When Gulfstream Aerospace purchased Galaxy Aerospace in 2001 the model was rebranded as the Gulfstream G200). The new model, named G250, was launched in 2008 and planned improvements included new glass cockpit and engines, larger wing, and heated leading edges.
The G250 took its maiden flight on December 11, 2009 in Tel Aviv, Israel. In July 2011, the G250 was renamed to G280, as the company had "determined that G280 is a more amenable number sequence [than G250] in certain cultures."In Mandarin, the number 250 can be translated as "stupid" or "idiotic".
After the flight test program, the G280 demonstrated a range of 3,600 nmi (6,667 km) at Mach 0.80 with four passengers and it can fly from London to New York or Singapore to Dubai.
Aircraft charter - Gulfstream G280
If you wish to charter Gulfstream G280 or some other aircraft please feel free to contact us at any time. Fill the contact form below, or contact us directly by e-mail or phone:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org TEL: +385 1 4101 550 FAX: +385 1 4101 551 GSM: +385 98 868 223
- Crew: 2
- Capacity: seating for 10 in executive style
- Payload: 4,050 lb (1,840 kg)
- Length: 66 ft 10 in (20.3 m)
- Wingspan: 63 ft (19.2 m)
- Height: 21 ft 4 in (6.5 m)
- Wing area: 495 ft² (46 m²)
- Empty weight: 24,150 lb (10,954 kg)
- Max. takeoff weight: 39,600 lb (17,960 kg)
- Powerplant: 2 × Honeywell HTF7250G turbofans, 7,624 lb (33.9 kN) each
- Maximum speed: Mach 0.85 (487 knots, 560 mph, 900 km/h) at altitude
- Cruise speed: Mach 0.80 (459 knots, 528 mph, 850 km/h) normal cruise at altitude
- Range: 3,400 nmi (3,910 mi, 6,300 km) at Mach 0.75 with 4 passengers
- Service ceiling: 45,000 ft (13,700 m)